Graduate Student Seeking 1 Bedroom, Studio, or Share

Started by kchristie, May 03, 2015, 09:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kchristie

I'm going to be a graduate student in the fall, and I am looking for a 1 bedroom, studio, or even a house share with less than 3 people for the Fall 2015 semester (but hopefully June or July move-in).

I am trying to keep in the 500-600/month range, so please do not contact me if your place is above 600/month. If it's below 500, feel free to reply. Of course, cleanliness is a must, as is proximity to campus. The farthest I am willing to go from town is an 8-10 minute drive. I am looking for a quiet place, with no smoking (so that is a no to 420 places), and I am not willing to live in a place where there is excessive drinking/partying.

chrislinc32

Hi,

Have a beautiful little cottage.  Usually 2 or 3 people rent it.  http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/apa/5009010381.html

only a mile from center of town.

chavezc1

Hey,

If you need a place to stay for the summer, I'd be happy to let you sublease my room.  Here are the details:

-Beautiful, spacious room in 6 bedroom house
-$600 a month
-Includes all utilities, washer and dryer (not coin operated) and AC
-Directly across from Old Main (located on Plattekill)
-2-3 minute walk from town
-Spacious, clean bathroom and kitchen
-Fully furnished
-Available starting June-August

If interested or have any other questions, please don't hesitate to message me through my email: chavezc1@hawkmail.newpaltz.edu.
If you would like a tour before making an official decision, please contact my landlord, Martin Pidel at  1845-399-7146

alaynawageman10

I am looking to sublet my room for the summer, the house is on 10 Orchard Lane which is about a 5 minute walk to SUNY New Paltz campus and about a 20 minute drive to Poughkeepsie.  You would have your own room on the first floor. If you want I am completely comfortable leaving my twin bed, drawers, desk, and mini fridge for you to use. There is also a closet. The girls are great and are extremely easy going. Currently 7 girls live in the house, however, only 3-4 will be staying the summer. I play on the New Paltz Field Hockey team so most of my housemates are on the team or on Volleyball. The girls keep the house well cleaned and we have a huge family room with a lot of sitting areas. Regarding our neighbors, we have never had a problem. There is a great front and backyard that has been used for hanging out. If anyone smokes it's done outside.

The rent would be $550 total (everything included).

I am looking for a sublet from June 01 2015 to August 01 2015. If you need to stay more days in August we can discuss these details. I am currently abroad so the best way to contact me in through email(n02692084@hawkmail.newpaltz.edu) or Facebook! If you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask!

Best,
Alayna Wageman

kchristie

Bumping this thread -- still looking.

Note: I will not share a one bedroom, or use a living area as a bedroom.

charles47

I have an upstairs one bedroom with bath for one person for $600/month including utilities and Wi-Fi. There is not a full kitchen, just a microwave, small refrigerator, hot plate. We live downstairs with a little dog who is fairly quiet. No smoking, no drinking, low, noise, furnished. Separate entrance in nice neighborhood and parking space. Text me at 845-542-2551. Move in ready by June 15th. Security required. No lease. My name is Sue. If u r a serious quiet student that would be great.