$2850 / 5br - Special tenants wanted for special, sun-drenched home (New Paltz)

Started by laurenpapot, April 26, 2015, 02:23:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laurenpapot

Our warm, spacious house will be available for a new group of tenants on July 1 or 15. This sunlit Victorian was built by my in-laws so they could raise their children in it; after the kids grew into adults, we lived here for years with our friends. After 6 wonderful years with the same core group, everyone is moving on to new adventures.

We are look for a new set responsible, kind people to make our special house into their home, a group who will find joy in this home's assets and quirks, who will continue the good relationship we have with our neighbors and enjoy living in a friendly, beautiful neighborhood.

House Rental Includes:
1 MBR with walk-in closet and private bathroom, suitable for 2 people
3 "medium" bedrooms, suitable for 1 or 2 people
1 very small bedroom, suitable for 1 person
Bathrooms: 2 full baths, plus "w/c" (toilet room) and a separate room with two sinks (very convenient set-up)
2 car garage
Large screened-in porch with propane grill
Living Room/Dining Room
Kitchen with dishwasher, 2 sinks, 2 refrigerators, 2 ovens, upright freezer, and walk-in pantry.
Library (bookshelves line every wall)
Sizeable bonus room (study/yoga room/office.)

1 year lease.
$2850/month.
First month + 1 month's security deposit required upon lease signing.
Maximum of 7 people may occupy the house.

Tenants are responsible for utilities (electricity, propane for clothes dryer and grill, internet, trash pick up, heating oil.) Landlord provides snow removal, lawn mowing, water.

Special Features
Located on one of the most desirable residential streets in New Paltz. Friendly neighbors, close to the village, with an organic farm down the street.
Ample off-street parking. Plenty for tenants and guests.
On-site laundry. Washer and dryer.
"Passive solar" house. Designed with an abundance of south-facing windows, the house copious natural sunlight, which helps to keep it warm in winter. Combined with modern insulation, this house has a very modest heating oil consumption (heating oil companies don't believe me when I tell them how little oil this 2500 sq ft+ uses each winter. . . until they realize how infrequently we require deliveries.)
Large kitchen includes two sinks, two ovens, dishwasher and walk in pantry. Ideal for cooking with friends.
Screened-in back porch, perfect for eating meals and playing acoustic music. Open front-porch, great for watching fireflies in summer.
Creative bathroom design makes it convenient to share space. There is a bathroom with shower downstairs. Upstairs, the bathroom is divided into separate toilet, sink, and bathtub rooms, which virtually eliminates the problem of waiting to brush your teeth, shower, etc.
Wood floors throughout first floor.
Charming interior with woodwork details. L-shaped staircase constructed with antique newel posts and more.
Large backyard with existing enclosed organic garden beds.
Backyard access to rail trail.
Raspberries and blackberries.
Our backyard patch explodes with them in July.
Chicken coop. Can host approximately a dozen chickens, if desired.
Easy biking distance to SUNY and Village of New Paltz. The village line is two houses away from ours. Several of our past tenants relied on only bicycles for transportation.

Optional: two comfortable brown couches and a dining room table, included if desired.

Our ideal tenants:
Responsible, experienced renters who are interested in gardening and the outdoors.
Past tenants have been interested in sustainable agriculture, local politics, music, art, education, outdoor adventures. While of course it's not necessary to be interested in these areas, we discovered that people were interested in these and similar topics embodied many of the characteristics we desired in our tenants.

If our house sounds like it could be a good fit for you, please send an email with some information about yourself. All interested parties will be asked to fill out a rental application, which includes information about your incomes sources and references from previous landlords.

See photos here: http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/apa/4997208384.html

laurenpapot

A quick check on GoogleMaps shows our house is exactly 1.0 miles from SUNY. I often walked and biked to the village while I lived there, and my friends who were SUNY students were strictly bike commuters. It worked well for them. Though that ample parking is convenient for those who prefer to drive.  :)