Looking for a pet friendly Roommate

Started by elena414, March 31, 2015, 12:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elena414

Hello,

I am looking for a roommate to share a two bedroom apartment at the New Paltz Gardens complex august 2015 - june 2016. When I lived there last year it was about $600 - $650 each (when you include electric, heat, etc.). I would also be okay if there are two of you who want to share the larger bedroom and I would take the smaller one (we can discuss how we would share rent) or if you have another pet friendly place in mind.

I am a 21 year old female double majoring in Art History and French. I don't drink but don't mind if you do as long as you are respectful about it (there are families who live at the Gardens). I love cooking, (my dad was a french chef) so you may come home to homemade bread and jam at times. I am always clean when it comes to shared space- my room can get messy during midterm/finals but I prefer to have it neat.

I am hoping to live in New Paltz Gardens since it was a 10 minute walk to classes and they allow pets. I have a 5 year old dog (mini Australian shepherd- 18 pounds) and a 1 year old cat (grey and white). Both are super well behaved, affectionate, and are so wonderful to have around.

I am open to making new friends, so feel free to send me an e-mail telling me about yourself and/or to ask any questions (Skype is also an option).

Thanks! I hope you're all having a great semester!

elena.feret414@gmail.com

vrolo001

Hi,

I am a 21 year old international graduate student arriving in Fall. I'm looking for a place to live and came across your post. I might be interested in rooming with you, but I have a couple of questions first.

First of all, my main concern is living in a quiet environment where I can study peacefully. I have lived in places where I had to call the police each night with noise complains because other students who lived in the complex were so loud. You mentioned families live at the Gardens, so that calmed me a bit. Overall, do you consider the place to be relatively quiet? I'll probably be in the library most of the time anyway, so I just need some peace during nights.

Second, does the place have laundry and wifi? And, do you happen to know if they would let me stay during summers?

As for me, well...as I mentioned I'm a 21 year old female student from Bolivia. I did my undergrad studies at SUNY Plattsburgh and majored in Psychology. My room can get very messy at times but I am always clean when it comes to shared space. I do enjoy drinking with friends on occassions but I can always do it somewhere else. I love dogs (cats...I'm neutral about them) so I don't mind having pets around as long as they do not destroy any of the property in the house. I generally hate cooking for myself, but I love cooking with friends and having potlucks (I'm not a very good chef but hey, I try haha). I am also very shy at first, so some may think I don't like being around them but I actually enjoy meeting new people. Anyway, hope to hear from you!