Graduate student seeking studio or 1BR apt

Started by Mettashanti, November 12, 2013, 03:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettashanti

I am seeking a studio or small 1BR apt for the Spring 2014 Semester. Ideally I would like to be walking distance to school, but I am also trying to be realistic with financial responsibilities. I will take anywhere in New Paltz or the surrounding area. Ideally, I would like to find a place that is $500 or less. I wouldn't mind working on the property I live on if that situation were to arise.

I am a 24 yr old female. School and grades are my priority, however I am a funky little hippie and very laid back, as most people are in NP. Second to school are music and nature.

I wouldn't mind a roommate, but I also want to make sure I am able to do my work in a quiet environment.

Please email me at Dfiumara1203@gmail.com or call me at 914-582-6439 if you can help me out!

sweetstudio4rent

Hi there,
We have a very sweet studio apartment that is the top floor of our home. We charge $700 a month including everything so I'm not sure if your $500 limit included heat, electric, garbage & wifi. We share the front door that enters into the mudroom but then you have your own private entrance. It's an old 1800's eyebrow colonial home so the floors in your studio are the original wide board floors. When we renovated the upstairs to make it into an apartment, we refinished the floors and they make it very cozy and quaint up there. There is a kitchenette with a 3/4 sized fridge but no full sized oven/stove. It does come stocked with every kind of electric counter top appliance you can think of (crock pot, electric griddle, double hot plate, microwave, toaster oven, tea kettle, coffee maker). We are in High Falls which is about a 15 minute drive from campus. We are 1 mile from the High Falls Food Co-op (great place for self-proclaimed hippies...I worked there for many years when I was in college) and only 3 miles from Rosendale (a very funky and fun little town with a great cafe with live music...and the Rosendale Theater, an independent cooperatively run movie theater). It's very quiet here as we are the only home on a dead end street surrounded by woods but we are only a 3 minute walk into the heart of High Falls with restaurants and art galleries and shops. There is a beautiful hike along the D&H Canal in town and also the waterfalls (High Falls is named for them) which is a beautiful place to walk too. We have a kayak you can borrow. We put in right in town. The only thing that is not quiet is our dogs! We have 2 sweet but high energy dogs and they bark whenever someone comes in and goes out. They also howl everyday when the noon siren goes off at the firehouse. Give a call if you'd like to come by and see it. Our current tenant is graduating with her MA in December. We would need 3 references and the first month's rent plus a $350 deposit in order to hold the space for you. My cell is 845-249-0660. Hope to hear from you if you want to come by!
Thank you,
Lori