$600-800 Rooms for rent in Gardiner house share, all-included

Started by Hausing, April 06, 2013, 10:19:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hausing

Basic Info:

We have three separate rooms for rent in our house, 7 miles from SUNY New Paltz campus and New Paltz village. First, we have a small but cozy room with one closet for $600. Next is a larger one with two big closets for $700. The last is actually two rooms attached: a very large bright room with a roomy attached office for $800. Rent includes all utilities, wireless Internet, basic cable TV, driveway snow plowing, yard care, and garbage/recycling removal, but no phone. Long- or short-term is okay. There's no lease for you to sign. We're hoping to find people ASAP, or for May 1st. Housemates must be non-smokers.

We would consider a work exchange to reduce rent for the right candidate. Needs to be intelligent, caring, responsible, dependable, have experience with housework, and be looking to stay long-term.

More:

Our place is an old farmhouse with character and charm, including high ceilings, hardwood floors, tall windows, and large (and effective) cast iron radiators. You'll also find a recently purchased washer and dryer, fully equipped kitchen, nice entry room, and a bright/pleasant full bathroom (with tub). You get your own pantry space and shelf in the bathroom. We have 100% dry basement storage and a large, glassed-in front porch (for bikes, gardening tools, etc). We also have a small sun porch on the back of the house.

Our enormous backyard has plenty of wild and cultivated flowers, flowering trees, a fire pit, and a large lively pond complete with adorable muskrats and ducklings in spring. Many beautiful birds and other wildlife frequent the yard. Abundant blackberries and blackcap raspberries for picking in summertime.

The household is fairly artsy, and has been home to many artists, musicians and writers, but we're open to anyone respectful, kind and considerate. We try to take care of our house and keep it clean, and hope you can do the same. Vegetarians are welcome, but this is not a vegetarian/vegan-only house. But here's a deal breaker: Renters MUST be non-smokers. Not planning to quit, not trying to quit. This is not just about smoking inside the house. We are looking for people who simply don't smoke tobacco.

We are a very short walk from Wright's Farm Market. They sell delicious fresh produce and baked goods year-round. 15 minute drive to the beautiful Minnewaska State Park Preserve and Mohonk Preserve on the Shawangunk ridge, home to famous hiking, mountain biking and climbing. Gardiner town and Modena town are each 2 miles away, with a Hannaford and a Stewart's in Modena. A bank, bar/pizza place, and convenience store are all within walking distance.

Call Stacy for more information at 1-845-255-1920 (please leave a message and I'll get right back to you). We look forward to hearing from you!

(Pictures are of the big room)

jayfigueredo

Hello there,

I am interested in the living space.

I am 22 years old, just finished my 4th year of college and am now heading in to finish my final semester at the SUNY New Paltz where I'll be completing 2 courses and simultaneously spending 3 days a week at an internship in Nyack also for enough college credit so that I may graduate.

I require a place that I can move into in August (the rent can start before the date I can move in, but I will be moving in officially on August 25th) and I would like to be able to pay monthly rent with no contract of a specific amount of time that I would have to live there so I can play it by ear.

I would most definitely be living there until at least January and then after that it would depend on whether or not I land a job at the company I'm working for, or any other extenuating circumstances that may keep me in the area, but I require the option to leave after January if I need to.

Please email me back whenever you can so we can work out some details and see if this is a possibility. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

-Jason Christopher Figueredo

P.S. You can call me Jay, and can email me at jayfigueredo@gmail.com