Cozy Cottage for Rent.

Started by Helper, March 03, 2013, 06:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helper

PROPERTY INFORMATION:

A peaceful, cheery, loft-style, one bedroom cottage available to rent five minutes from Main Street in New Paltz on 208. The cottage sits on several acres of beautiful, lively land with a rich history that spans five decades.

The interior of the cottage is bold and bright with a sunroof and has windows in each room. The space consists of one loft bedroom overlooking the whole cottage like a balcony and boasts a small stained glass window for added character. In addition to that, there is also a separate living room with a private door entrance. There is a bathroom with a bathtub/shower and its own window for additional air circulation.

The cottage is on tons of land and has a small porch that can be accessed from the interior by two sliding glass doors, which also adds a lot of additional light to the interior. The porch could fit a table set and a beach chair to enjoy the property from. There is ample space for gardening in the yard if you are interested, and this is something we encourage as the land and soil is of very high quality. There is also 24/7 access to a beautiful sauna.

The cost of the cottage is $1,100 a month and gas, electric, hot water is $200 additional.

First and last month's rent plus security will be due upon signing the lease and references may be requested.

A few things to note:

- If you are interested in painting the interior a different color, I'd be open to your suggestion.

- The photographs were taken at night so the space may look dark but with a skylight and multiple windows, you can imagine it's quite bright.

HISTORY OF PROPERTY:

For twenty years beginning in the 1960s Sri Chinmoy held spiritual work shops and meditations on this land. Over 300 people from around the world would come and attend. Some of his more well-known disciples who have attended workshops on this land include Carlos Santana, John McLaughlin and Gary Coryell of the Mahavishnu Orchestra and John and Alice Coltrane among others.

The previous owner of the land decided at a point she was ready for a new teacher and by chance met Charles "Red Hawk" Thom Sr who was the spiritual lead of the Karuk Native American tribe. Charlie came to visit this land and after walking around it felt called to conduct sweat lodges on the land and asked permission. He of course was granted permission to do so and held classes and sweat lodges for many years.

Grandfather Wallace Black Elk of the Lakota Native American tribe also conducted sweat lodges and classes here for years. Grandfather Wallace is a decedent of Nicholas Black Elk whose experiences were told in the book "Black Elk Speaks."

Junipercoyote

Hello,

I am very interested in your post.  Myself and two good friends are looking for a new place to create an intentional living space in.

I am a nature mentor with Wild Earth and a meditator, my friend is a yoga instructor, and her friend is a baker and fermenter.

We are all responsible, joyful, close to nature, and easy going- all in our early 30's.

Is your cottage still available?  Would you call me or send your number so we could talk?

Your place sounds like a beautiful fit for what we are seeking.

Warmth and Thanks

Laura Hersh

618-559-0907