graduate student, looking for roomate, spring semester

Started by Melissa Walsh, September 09, 2012, 09:55:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melissa Walsh

My name is Melissa Walsh, age 23, I am going to SUNY New Paltz for the English MA program in spring 2013. I would like to live in an apartment close to the school, and I am looking for a roommate! I would like to move into an apartment before the semester starts, sometime in the very beginning of January. Either I would like to move in with someone (or more than one person) who already has an apartment, or I would like to find an apartment with someone who is also searching for an apartment. I'm not looking for partying in the apartment (sorry); I like to just focus on my schoolwork instead.

The following is what I am looking for in roommate/roommates:

*Female
*Preferably another New Paltz graduate student
*Cleanliness
*No smoking, no partying
*No pets
*No drugs
Melissa Walsh
walshm1@hawkmail.newpaltz.edu

parisblus1

Hi Melissa,

I am a 35 yr female, currently working full-time, college full time. I have a place and am looking for a roommate to share the expenses. I am not a partier either and am really just focusing on work and college. I am listing some information below. Please contact me if this is something your interested in.

I am looking for a roommate (s) for a month to month basis. This is a perfect setting for a college student. One price ~ All utilities are included. This is a 2br/2bath w/ a loft. ~ Asking 700/month. Your room is unfurnished. It is a Cozy Private BR in Stone Ridge 1.5 miles from town. Perfectly situated 5-15 minutes from restaurants,marinas,hikes, swims,skiing,skating etc.Public transportation is available & 1/2 miles from SUNY Ulster. Preferred student (s), non-smokers, and no pets. Please let me know if you are interested. Move in date is flexible but can be asap if needed. Security deposit is negotiable.

Thank you,

Liza
904-347-8327
parisblus@hotmail.com
Liza

parisblus1

The price is actually 600/month and I will rent for the semesters.
Liza

Melissa Walsh

Hi Liza!

Thank you for your reply. I just have some questions. I noticed you are going to New Ulster, is that near New Paltz? I will be going to SUNY New Paltz  in January. Also, I won't be starting school for the Spring semester until January, so I won't be moving in anywhere until the way beginning of January. Also, is the 700 per month per person, or is that the total for two people together? Keep in touch.

-Melissa Walsh
rosewalsh89@yahoo.com
Melissa Walsh

parisblus1

Hi Mellisa,

Yes the place will be available for the spring as I have not rented it yet. The price is actually 600/month per person for the room it self and I would be willing to rent out the loft area with your own private bath for 2 people but that woul be $1100/month which would include all utilities 550 per person. Shared kitchen, living room, and dining area. If this is something you are interested in let me know and we can talk more. I am sure we would be able to work something out if you and another were interested in sharing the loft. Please call, text, or email me. I am located in Stone Ridge, New York, about 5 minutes from Rosendale and High Falls and about a 15 minute drive to Suny New Paltz. Have a great day and talk to you soon.

Liza
904-347-8327
parisblus@hotmail.com
Liza

Melissa Walsh

Liza,

Thank you for the reply! I will be keeping your information on file, but I will have to be looking for something closer to New Paltz. I was hoping to find something walking distance for the winter months, that way the commute will always be really easy, even in the snow. Should I not find anything as close as I am hoping to, I will definitely contact you again (and if you haven't found anyone yet, then maybe it could work out)! I will be in touch. Here is my e-mail and cell number. rosewalsh89@yahoo.com (cell-631-935-2308).
Melissa Walsh

Schlanger1

Hi Melissa, I have a room available in my home in tillson. You can find my ad in this forum...let me know if you're interested:)

Jessica

Melissa Walsh

Where is Tillson? How far is that from SUNY New Paltz? I am coming to New Paltz on Saturday the 20th to look around at apts. would you be around then for me to take a look at yours if it happens to be near campus??
Melissa Walsh

ka

Hello Melissa,  I just posted a 2 bedrm furnished apt in tillson that you might be interested in if you are still searching for a place for next semester.  You will find it in the forum.  Please feel free to contact me.  845-901-0822 or 845-658-9498.  Thanks! ka

Newpaltzhouse

Room for rent in a clean, friendly, student house one mile from SUNY New Paltz. $500/mo, month-to-month lease, ALL utilities included, house has wireless internet, coin operated washer and dryer, local phone, basic cable, community room with tv/dvd/vcr, central air conditioning, & weekly professional cleaning of baths/kitchen/common areas. Plenty of parking, big backyard, easy going housemates. A nice, quiet place to live and study - not a party house. No Pets. Call or text (845) 234 5755.