Update Female Grad Student Looking for Housing near SUNY New Paltz

Started by adotlane, June 11, 2012, 04:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adotlane

I will be attending SUNY New Paltz in the Fall for their MA in Psychology. I will also be holding a TA position, which will require me to work up to 20 hours a week. I am from Virginia; therefore, I will need to find a place in which to live. I will be in the area June 23rd through the 27th. If anyone is showing rooms, please contact me.

Here are some things I am looking for in housing:
- I'd like to be within walking distance of campus. As I mentioned, I am from Virginia (the southeastern area of the state) and not used to driving in snow. I'd like to be able to walk/bike to class if I can. I do have a car though.
- For rent, I am looking for places between $400 and $650 a month (including utilities). This might end up being a bit unrealistic, but it doesn't hurt to dream. I am an out-of-state student, so tuition isn't exactly a steal.
- I don't really care whether I live in a house or an apartment.
- BUT I like my quiet. I am going to grad school to further my education; not figure out my life. I am not looking to party. That being said, I'd rather not stay somewhere with a no alcohol policy. After all, I am 22 and I like to have the occasional beer/glass of wine with dinner.
- I don't smoke. I'd like to live somewhere in which there's no smoking in the house.
- Finally, if I find a place that I really like while there in June, I would be willing to pay for July's rent to secure housing.

If you have any housing to offer, please contact me by email, so we can set up a time to look at the room while I am there. a.b.lane6@gmail.com

Best,

Amanda